Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Drag King

I've started a personal quest to get caught up on all this wild and wacky web dev stuff (specifically client-side) that has by-passed me after all these years.  Ironically, over 12 years ago I was professionally coding Javascript for a commercial application, significantly before Javascript was really well-supported and commercially viable as a client-side language. Browser support was nightmarish and you had to put such tight boundaries on yourself to make things work universally that you'd basically castrated the language before you got out of the gate. Fortunately, Javascript has matured into a powerful gelding.

I've been doing a lot of playing with CSS, thanks in part to the good folks at Codecademy, but I've got a personal itch I'd like to scratch in maintaining lists of items in HTML. One of the critical pieces of maintaining lists is orderability and I've translated that to mean "go figure out drag and drop in Javascript".

I've decided to start here. If I remember, I'll let you know how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment